There are several misconceptions concerning a replacement copy of a lost certificate.
1. The City of Houston keeps a copy on file. The city does not keep copies of Certificates of Occupancy on file. They only keep a computer record that shows whether or not a certificate has been issued for a particular location.
2. All a person has to do is go to the city and they can have a replacement issued to them on the spot. Every certificate issued by the city whether it is a duplicate, name change or new certificate requires an on-site inspection by a building inspector(s) prior to being issued.
THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO CERTIFICATES OF OCCUPANCY ISSUED BY THE CITY OF HOUSTON WITHOUT AN INSPECTION OF THE PREMISES BY A BUILDING OFFICIAL.
A duplicate City of Houston Certificate of Occupancy is similar to a name change in that they both require an inspection by a City of Houston building inspector. The following must also apply:
1. The current business was issued a certificate.
2. There are not any code violations due to a previous occupancy inspection that have not been corrected.
3. There are not any holds placed upon the property by the City of Houston that cannot be released by meeting with city officials.
Once the paperwork is filed an inspection takes place the following business day. A building inspector will inspect your location and if everything is up to code the inspection will pass and the certificate of occupancy will be emailed to you within a couple of days. If the inspection does not pass it will be due to building code violations. After the code violations are corrected and passes the re-inspection the certificate will be emailed to you.
Save time and money with Houston Certificate of Occupancy Services.
Call now for more information.
Houston Certificate of Occupancy Services is a locally owned business and is not affiliated with the City of Houston.
© 2005-2021 David D. Baker Company Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.
Online Houston Certificate of Occupancy/Occupancy License/Occupancy Permit