WE CAN SOLVE ALL YOUR CITY OF HOUSTON CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY & HC COC PROBLEMS!
There are several misconceptions concerning getting a copy of a lost or misplaced certificate.
1. The City of Houston keeps a copy on file. The city does not keep copies of certificates of occupancy on file. They only keep a computer record that a certificate has or has not been issued for a particular location. Along with a history of that address.
2. All a person has to do is go to the city and they can have a replacement issued to them on the spot. Every certificate issued by the city whether it is a duplicate, name change or new certificate requires an on-site inspection by a building inspector(s) prior to being issued.
THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO CERTIFICATES OF OCCUPANCY ISSUED BY THE CITY OF HOUSTON WITHOUT AN INSPECTION OF THE PREMISES BY A BUILDING OFFICIAL.
A duplicate City of Houston Certificate of Occupancy is similar to a name change in that they both require an inspection by a City of Houston building inspector. The following must also apply:
1. The current business was issued a certificate.
2. There are not any code violations due to a previous occupancy inspection that have not been corrected.
3. There are not any holds placed upon the property by the City of Houston that cannot be released by meeting with city officials.
If your location meets the above qualifications we can file your paperwork the day after your order is placed with us, sometimes even the same day. After we file the required certificate of occupancy paperwork we will deliver your inspection permit to you the same day. The following business day after the paperwork was filed a building inspector will inspect your location and if everything is up to code the inspection will pass and we will pick up and deliver your certificate of occupancy to you within a couple of days. If the inspection does not pass it will be due to a building code violation(s). In this case once the code violations are corrected and they pass the re-inspection we will pick up and deliver your certificate to you.